Bring Japanese flavours to your next BBQ with this Chicken Yakitori recipe.
1 packet of YO! Sticky BBQ Yakitori Sauce
800g skinless & boneless chicken thigh cut into chunks
2 red onions cut into wedges
1 red pepper cut into chunks
1 green pepper cut into chunks
1. Pre heat oven to 200C/180C fan assisted or gas mark 6.
2. Remove any fat from the chicken thighs and cut into 1-inch chunks.
3. Slice the red onion into wedges.
4. Deseed both red & green peppers and cut into chunks.
5. Thread chicken and vegetable pieces alternately onto your skewers.
6. Generously brush half of YO!’s Sticky BBQ Yakitori over the skewers
7. Place skewers onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes, turn after 10 minutes and brush the remaining sauce over skewers to serve.
8. Alternatively, the skewers can be placed onto the BBQ turning regularly, whilst generously brushing with sauce for an even cook.
Serve with a summer salad, buttery corn on the cobs and crisp toasted pitta breads.
Sticky BBQ Yakitori Sauce
A Japanese style BBQ coat and cook sauce. Impress your guests at your next BBQ and pour over chicken and vegetable skewers for the ultimate Japanese style Yakitori.