bbq yakitori chicken
Bring Japanese flavours to your next BBQ with this Chicken Yakitori recipe.
- 1 packet of YO! Sticky BBQ Yakitori Sauce
- 800g skinless & boneless chicken thigh cut into chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- Pre heat oven to 200C/180C fan assisted or gas mark 6.
- Remove any fat from the chicken thighs and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Slice the red onion into wedges.
- De-seed both red & green peppers and cut into chunks.
- Thread chicken and vegetable pieces alternately onto your skewers.
- Generously brush half of YO!’s Sticky BBQ Yakitori over the skewers.
- Place skewers onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes, turn after 10 minutes and brush the remaining sauce over skewers to serve.
- Alternatively, the skewers can be placed onto the BBQ turning regularly, whilst generously brushing with sauce for an even cook.